We process terabytes of data and make hundreds of code changes monthly. Ensuring the smooth operation of our core system is essential to our success.
TapSense is seeking a Performance Engineer to join its San Francisco based team. Performance Engineer will work on measuring, analyzing, and helping optimize the performance and scalability of software deployments that function at a massive scale. When a systems level issue arises, the Systems Performance Engineer will not only be able to identify it, but be able to communicate to others why it is happening, and what can be done to resolve it.
Founded by engineers and dedicated to building breakthrough products. Only A+ players need apply.
- Focus on developing white box tests to perform complex load characterizations, stability tests and scalability tests that will integrate into a continuous deployment environment
- Analyze and tune performance of distributed service oriented architecture to uncover bottlenecks and limitations of the system components and overall design.
- Create, enhance, and maintain performance strategy and architecture which includes building performance tests at multiple layers of the architecture (Web Service, Database)
- Design and implement white box performance tests that cover overhead, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools and custom developed software written in Java
- Provide accurate scoping, clear strategies, and milestones for performance tests
- Tune JVM setting and design performance tests to prove optimal JVM settings
- Collection and analysis of system resources such as CPU, Memory and JVM usage from the application servers and test data based on variety monitoring tools like perfmon
- 2+ years of performance testing, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization on large scale distributed systems
- BS, MS, in Computer Science or equivalent, Ph.D. a plus
- Strong communicator and great team player
- Ability to identify and resolve distributed system bottlenecks
- Understanding of performance monitoring counters such as throughput, latency, and memory
- Detailed understanding of JVM performance is a plus
- Understanding of CPU architectures, memory management architectures and file systems is a plus
- Fluency in a compiled language; C++/Java is a plus
- Fluency in a scripting language; Python is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You’ll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference.
TapSense is the leading independent mobile advertising exchange, and has been featured in publications including Forbes, Bloomberg, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOM, CMO.com, MediaPost, Entrepreneur and AdExchanger. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, investors include top Silicon Valley venture firms, Ron Conway’s SV Angel and Maynard Webb, a board member of Salesforce and Yahoo. TapSense was named one of the 2014 AlwaysOn Global 100 Companies to Watch, and is a member of the Mobile Marketing Association.